Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Promoting Literature with Technology

Sometimes on my blogs I write incredibly long, involved posts.

Other times I just say, "Hey, here's something cool! Let's go get it."

So go get this terrific list of Ways to Promote Young Adult Literature Using Technology over at edTech VISION. I love these clever ways to get students excited about reading, while at the same time incorporating technology in a meaningful way.

Here's the first idea:

1.  READ Posters: Following the format of READ posters create by the American Library Association, take photos of staff members and students dressed in costumes holding a companion book. Add the words READ and a quote. Use free editing software (GIMP, Open office, Picasa, Big Huge Labs, Aviary) to make the posters. You can also use ALA’s READ generator.

Let me know what you try out, and share your own ideas as well!

7 comments:

Readaholics said...

Hey Keith, just stopping by on the hop and follow. I'm ur newest follower. I have to give you props on the "Huge" header comment. It is what it is..;-). Have a great weekend. Cheer up and Cheer!!!
Happy Reading!!!
See ya!
Dana
Readaholics Anonymous

Kristin Rae said...

This is a neat idea.

Thanks for following!

Ciao, The BooKrushers.

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by! And I love this poster! I need to get one for my office... :)

Annette Mills said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I've got a whole wall of read posters in my library - of faculty and staff. They are a lot of fun to make.

Gia Cooper said...

Very chic blog! I am excited to read future posts and cycle back through past ones. :) I'm following back.

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

Thanks for stopping by and following! I really like the idea for your blog and look forward to reading your future posts. Have a great weekend!

Leslie said...

I am a new follower, thank you for stopping by my blog as well. What a nice blog, very classy as well as interesting. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge.

Post a Comment